Do you know how much of our life we spend in the office? One-third of it.
If you are spending the major part of your life in the business world, you can be social and creative. And how can you be like that? Only if you have a nice, clean, and organized workspace. Is it so important to have a clean space? Yes! Read further, and you will get to know!
Why Is It Important to Organize Your Workspace?
When was the last time you have organized your workspace? If it has been long, then you need to think again! Let us clarify this with an amazing fact! According to a study, an average employee waste more than 1 hour a day finding things. Another statistic revealed that approximately 75% of Americans said that clutter negatively impacts their productivity.
So now you know that a clean and organized workspace is directly related to your productivity and success? It reflects a positive professional image. It puts a good impression on your colleagues as well as customers. Moreover, who knows that it can make you happier at work?
A clean and organized environment makes you feel better. If you think that it might take many hours to organize your office, then hold on! We are here to tell you some simple tricks to fetch you a wonderful space!
Are you ready?
- Your Desk – What forms the biggest part of clutter at your desk? It is the papers. Look for them. Give them for recycling if it is not useful. Keep the important ones by labeling them. Sort out the things in alphabetical order or whatever suits you.
- Use Colors and Labels – Properly labeling the shelves, files, and drawers can help you locate the things promptly. This will automatically decrease the risk of losing important documents.
- Calendar – To remember everything ranging from an important meeting to a strict deadline, attach an electronic calendar to your mail. This will help you avoid getting late.
- Have a Trashcan Nearby – Buy a handy trashcan and keep it near your desk. It often happens that you collect pieces of paper or eatables and think that you will put them in the dustbin once you get up. To get rid of this habit, the trash can is the perfect solution.
This was all about organizing your workspace. But what can you do more to get the best outcomes? You can make your professional world pleasant with some ideas so that your business could flourish.
Are You Ready to Learn about Knick-Knacks That Will Transform Your Workspace?
Then let us dive into these amazing ideas!
- Windows and Plants – Do you want to experience the views of the outer world from your office itself? It has been found out that a mesmerizing outer view brings calmness to mind. Large glass windows are the best choice here. And if the window area is communal, then it is like icing on the cake because everyone can have the leisure to look out.Don’t have the accurate place for a window? You are not alone. Let us bring some nature to your business. Decorate your workplace with beautiful plants. Many popular desk plants are available in the market today. It will fill the surroundings with tranquillity and serenity. Live in the indoor garden, and it will refresh the indoor air quality. Plus, it will bring peace to the minds of employees. Just kill the office environment with lush green plants!
- Mats – A smooth and comfortable office mat definitely captures the eyes of the employees. You are putting a lot of effort into setting up and dealing with your business. So don’t you deserve more comfort?Various types of Ultimate Mats provide you relief. For example – Custom logo mats, Anti-fatigue mats. If your work includes long hours of standing, then anti-fatigue mats are the perfect choice for you. It reduces foot disorders and strains due to long hours of standing. Adding mats is a great way to minimize the damage to internal floors. If you want to preserve the environment, then eco-friendly mats rightly serve the purpose.
- Lighting – Lighting has an equal role to play in making the tasks easier. But most people ignore the importance of it. Let us surprise you with statistics here! A study by the American Society of Interior Design showed that 65% of the employees surveyed were not satisfied with the lighting at their premises.Too bright or too dim light can hamper the productivity of your tasks. You can become the victim of eye-strains or migraines. Therefore improving office lighting is really necessary. Your business can really shine with the right type of lighting.
TIP: use energy-saving lights. And do not neglect the importance of natural lighting because it reduces headaches and drowsiness.Have you ever heard about ambient lighting? Well, it helps you to relax. They are mostly installed in the wellness room for the employees. It lightens the mood. Hence they are also called mood lighting. A soothing ambiance is waiting for you with the glaring chandeliers and lamps!
- A Magazine Stand – You are in the business world, and we are sure that you know how crucial it is to keep yourself up-to-date with current affairs. Hence, adding a magazine/newspaper stand is regarded as a healthy office habit. A colorful magazine stand will enhance the beauty of your office.
- Vision Boards – By visually representing the ideas of your objectives, your productivity enhances manifold. Put colorful photos and messages in it, and no wonder this will also contribute to giving an aesthetic look to your business place.
- Fragrance – One of the best décor ideas for office employees is to add fragrances to the environment. It has a pleasant effect on your mindset and health. You can create the magic by adding fragrances of lemon, jasmine, rosemary, or anything suitable to you. Feel the magic with these scented fragrances!
It is no denying the fact that you spend most of your time at the office. It is important to love the place where you are working. Because as said by Mother Teresa – Work without love is slavery. Hence, sprucing up the place with little effort brings freshness and liveliness to the business. Get ready because you deserve to work in a healthy environment!