Having launched a startup brand, dominating the market is probably one of your goals. Wary of the fact that there are other similar brands available, the need to find effective marketing strategies cannot be avoided. Multiple competitors bombard similar customers with a variety of similar products and services daily. Being bootstrapped with inadequate finances to market fully, you could be on the verge of closing your business’s doors.
However, as an investor and entrepreneur, this is not an option. Entrepreneurs are risk takers, and you’re no different. You know that sales are what drive a startup business. If you can find a way to increase your sales, it can lead to you expanding your business. With that said, widening your customer base is usually the biggest hurdle to cross when it comes to business expansion via increased sales. While conventional marketing strategies can still work, employing modern methods, such as digital marketing, can prove to be more effective and less costly.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing techniques are quickly becoming fan favorites of businesses. These techniques are shaped around the development of advertisements and campaigns that help engage one’s target demographic via various online platforms. When operating a startup, you should take opportunities and utilize the most effective and simple ways of marketing your venture. For example, aside from providing a platform that ascertains your brand’s growth, marketing on social media platforms provides an easy and convenient product or services promotion.
Now that you have a better understanding of what digital market is, below are some simple strategies for growing your startup business using digital marketing methods.
Digital marketing is a multifaceted industry in its own right, and there are many techniques that you can use to help grow your business. However, with so many options to choose from, it can be hard for you to pick the right one. “Starting right” just means that you’ve taken the time to identify your customer base and understand who they are and what they want. Therefore, to succeed in this, ensure that you are doing the following:
- Crafting a brand’s identity to meet your customer’s needs
- Taking note of digital touch points
- Launching well-designed marketing communications
- Maintaining well-tested digital marketing channels
Having identified these aspects, it is prudent to create an integrated digital marketing campaign. An integrated digital marketing approach, also known as a 360 approach, involves the use of multiple digital marketing channels to reach potential customers. Some of the best channels to include in your integrated digital marketing approach include the following:
- Search marketing. This helps your business gain visibility by being ranked highly on search engines. There are many options to choose from to increase your business’s ranking, many of which are employed by digital marketing agencies like Epic SEO. The two common options include paid ads searches and organic (or “natural”) search.
- Display advertising. Ad displays are among the simplest ways to develop your brand and increase product awareness. This method includes all aspects of video ads and graphics posted to the web.
- Remarketing. This encompasses advertising to people who have previously visited your website. It is one of the best ways to re-engage site visitors. Placing ads on Facebook or Twitter, as well as using the Google Display Network, are some of the ways you can go about remarketing.
- Social media marketing. When used correctly, social media marketing can be an excellent way to boost your startup’s sales. This method helps bolster customer acquisition, awareness, and branding. As a startup, always keep in mind your objectives when using this strategy. Also, try your best to have unique campaign strategies and original content.
- Digital PR. Online PR can work magic for startup ventures. A good PR firm provides a relevant story about your business to a relevant blogger or media house to get your name out there and to help target potential customers.
- Digital media buying. Aside from buying ad space on the web, try to diversify and consider other alternatives, such as advertising in online magazines, news sites, and major publications. Although it can be quite pricey, this method gives your business instant exposure.
Convincing online aficionados to purchase your product or service can be a daunting task. This is why you need a convincing and effective content marketing strategy. You should produce high-quality pieces of content about your products and services and publish them online. Once content has been posted, then try to amplify the article by using your social media profiles, e-mail list, or LinkedIn groups to share the story.
Developing and building a startup business venture can be challenging when it comes to finding the right strategies. Taking your shoestring budget into consideration, capitalizing on various successful digital opportunities can be the key to your success. The strategies highlighted above can come in handy when you’re looking to increase your brand’s visibility.
About the Author
Richard Aumaitre is the CEO of Florida based company, Epic SEO. He has several years’ worth of SEO and internet marketing experience, helping small to mid-sized business owners grow their respective businesses