Most often, lighting gets less attention in interior design. It is one of the underestimated ‘art’ that significantly impacts the entire aesthetics of a home and business. The functioning of a building depends hugely upon its lighting part. It gives a pleasing look and enhances the well-being, mood, and emotions of the inmates. On this day of winter with darker times, contact local electricians to change the light setting in the house to happier and productive than now. Let the days be brighter than ever before!
Daylight, Artificial Lights and Decorative Lights
What is more critical for the charming look of an interior- daylight or artificial light? Both have equal priority. Interior designers first monitor the natural lighting of the room or building. They then decide what more to be added artificially to enhance the entire look of the building. Natural lights give a bright and cool look to the room but if the choice is to have a different style, go for artificial light settings. There is no option other than artificial lighting to brighten the task area or dark spots in the building, even during the daytime. Try a combination of artificial and natural lighting in the building to achieve optimum results.
To enhance the aesthetics of the building, try decorative lighting. It is dramatic and exciting at the same time. A good designer or electrician can help the owner find the most suitable decorative light for the room.
Different Lighting Designs
Indoor lighting comes mainly in three categories. They are:
- Task Lighting: As the name suggests, task lighting has the task of directing the light towards a specific building area. It makes sure about the safety of passages. This lighting gives more detailing to different objects in the building. It is helpful for writing, cooking, drawing and sewing, which needs more attention as they are close range works.
- Accent Lighting: This lighting gives different effects to the objects in the room. If the owner loves to add drama to the room, go for this type of lighting. It is a visual treat. Contact local electricians to know more about this lighting.
- Ambient Lighting: Ambient lighting is also known as general lighting. It is the standard lighting technique used that gives more visibility to the interior space. It utilizes natural lighting, which provides the room with an everyday, natural look.
It is highly advised to seek the help of an interior designer or local electricians to choose the best options in lighting which are apt for the building.
Factors Affecting Lighting
There are a variety of factors that directly affects the choice of lights in a room. Every room is different. Every house is unique. So taking the suggestions and techniques would not give accurate solutions for the lighting confusion. Remember to consider these general guidelines as the beginning and address each one of them.
Important factors include:
- Size of the room
- Preference of the house owner
- Space, shape and height of the building
- Are the walls and furniture coloured?
- What’s the age and interest of the house owner? Are they delighted in artworks?
- Psychological and physiological patterns
- Availability of natural lighting
- Surface characteristics and spatial perceptions
- Shadows and Reflections
- Energy efficiency
As mentioned above, these factors might change from room to room, but by cross-checking these points, the task of finding the most suitable lights becomes easy.